Open Source Sim Classic
Like a classic car, the original Sim Classic is being recreated with the love and work of the open source community.
- All of the controls for Sim Classic are outside of the body itself.
- We can recreate the Linkbox with Arduino or Rasberry Pi
- Sim Classic was born before there were CAD drawings, so there is some reverse engineering to do.
Sim Classic Hackathon
- Launched at IMSH 2019
- hosted at a San Antonio makerspace
- Laerdal engineers and designers
- technically-oriented sim techs
- Laerdal will post all the information they have to share
- We will create a database of parts and start creating appropriate files.
- Specific challenge?
- 3D printers
- Soldering stations
- CNC Mills and Lathes?